What are Deer Valley Resort's 2012-2013 ski season dates?
- December 8, 2012 - April 14, 2013 (weather and conditions permitting).
How can I make ski school reservations?
- To make ski school reservations, please call 435-645-6648 or 888-754-8477.
What are lift ticket prices for the 2012-13 ski season?
What is the proximity to Main Street?
- Main Street is a 15 minute walk or three minute drive from Snow Park, Deer Valley
What percentage of the runs are for beginners?
- At Deer Valley, 27% of the ski runs are classified as beginner. There are beginner
runs off five of Deer Valley's six mountains.
How far away is Deer Valley from the airport?
- Deer Valley is approximately 36 highway miles from the Salt Lake City International
Which airlines fly into Salt Lake City?
- All major airlines fly into Salt Lake City International Airport including non-stops
from many cities.
What's the typical annual snowfall?
- Approximately 300 inches of snow fall on average per ski season.
Are Deer Valley lift tickets valid at other Park City area resorts?
- Deer Valley lift tickets are valid only at Deer Valley Resort.
Can you buy alcohol in Utah?
- Alcohol is sold at designated state liquor stores. Beer, wine and liquor are available
in many restaurants. Beer is available in grocery and convenience stores.
Where is Deer Valley Resort located?
- Deer Valley is located in the historic mining town of Park City, Utah.
Is there snowboarding or Nordic skiing in Deer Valley Resort?
- Deer Valley is a ski-only resort. There is no snowboarding or Nordic skiing at Deer
Valley. Park City's two other resorts offer snowboarding and White Pine Touring
operates a Nordic ski center in Park City.
What's the altitude at Deer Valley Resort? What do you do to prevent altitude sickness
while at Deer Valley Resort?
- The base altitude of Deer Valley is 6,570 feet. The altitude in the mid-mountain
area is 8,100 feet. The altitude at the Empire summit is 9,570 feet.
- The town of Park City is located at 7,000 feet (2,134 meters) above sea level and
chairlifts enable us to ski up to 10,000 feet (3,048 meters). Many people feel the
effects of the high altitude levels when they first arrive. Common symptoms include
tiredness, shortness of breath with exertion and headaches. Easy ways to alleviate
symptoms are to drink lots of water and take aspirin. Those experiencing serious
symptoms such as loss of appetite, shortness of breath, cough and headache that
do not respond to rest and aspirin should promptly visit a doctor.
- The effects of alcohol are also often heightened due to the altitude. Drink a little
bit less than you may be used to and you will feel better in the morning.
- Please be aware the sun is stronger at high altitudes and combined with the reflection
from the snow can result in badly sunburned skiers. Always wear sunscreen as UV
rays can penetrate even on cloudy days. <
- Weather in Park City changes rapidly; dress and plan accordingly. Hats, gloves and
proper ski attire are recommended. During extremely cold weather, be aware of frostbite
– if you feel pain, tingling or numbness, or experience discoloration in your fingers,
toes or ears, go inside and warm up.
Is Wi-Fi available in the Deer Valley Resort day lodges?
Back to Top
- Complimentary wireless is available in select areas of the Snow Park and Silver
Lake Lodges. A computer and printer is available for guest use (10 minute maximum)
in Deer Valley Etc., located on the main level of Snow Park Lodge.
How do I get to Deer Valley? Does Deer Valley provide transportation?
- Deer Valley does not provide complimentary transportation from the airport, but
is happy to have a Vacation Planner or Concierge staff member assist in arranging
transportation to and from the Salt Lake City International Airport utilizing various
local companies or car rental.
How much is the Park City Transit bus system?
- There is no cost for this complimentary service.
Do I need a car?
- Many guests do not find it necessary to rent a car. All of Deer Valley Resort managed
lodging properties provide complimentary in-town transportation and on-call shuttle
service for their guests. There is also a city-wide, free bus system that runs year-round.
Do you allow pets?
- Deer Valley Resort does not allow pets on their property or in any of their managed
Are there any properties that allow smoking?
- All of the Deer Valley Resort managed properties are non-smoking.
Are there babysitting services in Deer Valley?
- During the ski season, the Deer Valley Children's Center is open daily from 8:30
a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and provides care for non-skiing children between the ages of
2 months to 12 years. Reservations are required. For evening childcare, you can
make arrangements with Baby's Away or contact your property concierge staff for
What is the best time to come to Deer Valley?
- Deer Valley has exceptional snow conditions throughout the entire ski season due
to our extensive snowmaking capabilities. Our value season, is typically from opening
of the season until mid-December, and then again starting in April through closing.
Where can I rent or buy ski gear?
- Deer Valley operates three conveniently located ski rental shops at Snow Park Lodge,
Silver Lake Village and Lodges at Deer Valley. There are several retail shops located
around the resort that sell equipment and clothing.
Is Internet access available in my accommodations?
- Yes, there is Internet in all Deer Valley Resort managed residences.
What kind of properties does Deer Valley manage?
- Deer Valley Resort manages a wide range of luxury properties from hotel rooms to
large six and seven-bedroom private homes. Some properties are hotel-style condominiums
and some are townhome-style.
Where can I get breakfast or buy groceries?
- Some properties provide a hot breakfast or continental style breakfast during ski
season including the Lodges at Deer Valley, Silver Baron Lodge, Trail's End Lodge,
Flagstaff Lodge and Black Diamond Lodge. Breakfast is also available at the Snow
Park Lodge and continental-style breakfast is available at the Silver Lake and Empire
- The Deer Valley Grocery~Café serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and items to go. A
selection of gourmet grocery items, gifts, beer, wine and liquor are also available
- Lodges at Deer Valley has a general store on-site where you can purchase a selection
of grocery items, beer, wine, liquor and coffee.
- There are two major grocery stores located in Park City, just one to two miles from
Deer Valley and accessible by shuttle.
If I book lodging at Deer Valley, does that guarantee I will receive lift tickets
to ski Deer Valley?
Back to Top
- A lodging reservation does not guarantee lift tickets. We recommend booking your
lift tickets in advance online at
deervalley.com, if you have not purchased a package with lift tickets included.
Daily ticket sales
Office Number: 435-645-6625
Fax Number: 435-645-6940
When can I buy half-day tickets?
- Afternoon half day tickets are based on availability. If available, they are on
sale beginning at 12:15 p.m. and you can ride the chairlift starting at 12:30 p.m.
Is there a savings on multi-day products?
- Yes, you save more for each additional day you purchase.
Do you have student or teen rates?
Are there any combined packages for tickets, rental and ski school?
- No, each must be purchased separately. If purchasing lessons, please consult Ski
School for exceptions. Please note Deer Valley does offer lodging packages at certain
times of the season that do include lift tickets.
What is the current weather?
- You can view our mountain webcams, current conditions and weather forecast
Can I ride the lifts without skis?
- Yes, you may purchase a foot passenger ticket for Silver Lake Express or the Jordanelle
I own/rented a ski-in/ski-out property. Do I need to purchase a lift ticket to get
on a lift and get back to my property?
- Yes, you must have a lift ticket to ride the chairlift.
Pre Purchase Online Orders
Office Number: 435-645-6625
Fax Number: 435-645-6940
Where can I pick up my pre-purchase order?
- You can get your guaranteed tickets or flexible pass at any ticket window.
What do I need to pick up my order?
- You will need your confirmation and photo ID.
Do I need to get everyone's tickets at the same time?
Can I change/cancel my order?
- Yes, you may change/cancel your order BEFORE it is issued. Once issued tickets/passes
will not be exchanged or replaced.
What is a Guaranteed Pass?
- Guaranteed Passes are lift tickets valid for specific days. Once issued, you may
go directly to the chairlifts and are guaranteed access to the mountain. Unused
tickets/days will not be exchanged or refunded.
What is a Flexible Pass?
- A Flexible Pass is a card that is loaded with a quantity of days. On the first
day of use, it must be scanned at a ticket window in order to receive a lift ticket.
It is valid for seven days beginning with the first day of use. It does not guarantee
a lift ticket in the event the resort reaches capacity. Unused days will not be
exchanged or refunded.
Season Pass Sales
Office Number: 435-645-6626
Fax Number: 435-645-6940
Is there a deadline for purchasing Season Passes?
- No but to obtain the discounted price, Season Pass must be purchased by October
31. Rates increase on November 1.
Where do I pick up my Season Passes?
- In the upper level of the Snow Park Ticket Office (open pre-season from 10 a.m.
- 5 p.m., open during ski season from 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.).
What do I need to pick up my Season Passes?
- Each pass holder will need to have a photo taken and a signed Release of Liability;
Guardians will sign the form for minors.
Can I email or call to place a Season Passes order?
Back to Top
- Yes, please use the contact information listed above and please visit
deerlocals.com for further information
What if it snows when I have lessons reserved?
- All lessons for adults and children will begin on time regardless of the weather
conditions. Fees will apply to lessons cancelled after the deadline.
Can I have my assistant or Travel Agent book my Skier Services reservations?
- To ensure that Skier Services products are booked accurately and to provide complete
information and security, we prefer to speak directly with our guests. However,
if you would like to authorize your assistant to book your reservations and make
changes for you, please let us know.
We will be visiting Deer Valley with other families. Can we make everyone's reservation
in one file to make it easier?
- Actually, that will make things more difficult for you. By having one file for each
family with your own information and payments, we are able to keep a more accurate
record of your activities. Our agents will be more than happy to set up a secure
file for each individual family, with its own payment and liability information.
Also, this ensures the privacy of the information in your file.
How do I know which group program to book for my child?
- We have that covered! The highly-trained child development experts on our staff
have gone to great lengths to put together programs that will instill the love of
skiing as well as entertain children 3 - 18 years of age. Our children's lessons
are structured to encourage young skiers and to meet their needs, both developmentally
and physically. If you feel your child would do better in another environment, we
encourage you to book private lessons.
- In your child's best interest, we may move them to the appropriate program based
on their motor or communication skills or for safety reasons. Minimum age requirements
are strictly observed.
What is included in a rental package?
- A full rental package includes skis, boots and poles. If you will need a helmet,
please ask our agent to reserve one for you at an additional cost. Our equipment
is never used for more than a few seasons to ensure a high-quality rental package.
In order to provide you with the most enjoyable experience, we recommend advance
reservations for all Skier Services products.
What if children's group lessons or childcare are not available for my dates?
- If we are not able to confirm a group lesson or childcare reservation, we have a
wait list. We will place your children individually on the wait list for the appropriate
program and specific date(s). We must have a complete guest file, including email
address and credit card number. If your requested date becomes available, we will
reserve the activity, process payment and notify you by email. This may happen any
time up to two days prior to your requested date. If you do not receive an email,
please check in at any of our eight Skier Services locations the day before or the
day of and we will do our best to assist you. If you do receive an email and your
plans have changed, you must comply with our cancellation policy in order to receive
a full refund for the lessons booked.
Can I take a private lesson with my children?
- Because adults and children learn at a difference pace and through varying teaching
techniques, it is better not to share the lesson time. We suggest that you take
separate lessons or split the time.
Is it possible for family members or friends to be in the same group lesson?
- We cannot guarantee any placement in group lessons. To ensure a quality lesson,
we must form classes based on age and ability zone.
What if I have a lesson at 9 a.m. and my child's group lesson doesn't begin until
- Our Children's Center offers complimentary early drop-off care between 8:30 and
9:30 a.m. for all children who are booked into group lessons. Ask our Skier Services
Reservations Agent for details.
What will my child eat for lunch and snacks in group lessons or childcare?
- The Children's Center serves a variety of “kid-approved” options that are nutritious
and tasty. If your child is unable to eat certain foods, please fill out a 'Special
Needs' form so our staff can help monitor his/her food selections. You may also
bring a lunch or snack for your child, but please be aware that our facilities are
Can my child still meet his/her group class if they are late?
- All activities begin promptly at their designated times. Please allow a minimum
of 60 minutes to arrange for equipment rentals and arrival at your meeting location
on time. Due to the size of the resort and the number of skiers enrolled in activities,
we are not able to accommodate late arrivals. Refunds will not be issued.
Please let our Skier Services Reservations Agents assist you. Simply call our toll-free number at 888-754-8477 or
When and How to Reserve Skier Services Products
Advance reservations are essential for all Deer Valley Skier Services products throughout
the ski season and especially during the December holidays, Martin Luther King weekend,
Presidents' Day week and the month of March.
Reservations are subject to availability and products may reach capacity at any
time . Please make your reservations as early as possible.
The full amount of Skier Services products will be charged to the credit card provided
at the time of booking.
To avoid reservation conflicts and duplicate charges, it is highly recommended that
only one family be included on each reservation.
For phone reservations, please call us at 888-754-8477 or 435-645-6648 from 8 a.m.
to 5 p.m.
We're open Monday through Friday until December 8, 2012 and then we are open daily
through April 14, 2013.
July 5, 2012: Reservations for winter season begins. Accepting all reservations
for childcare, group ski lessons, rentals and private lessons, except those requesting
a specific instructor.
September 4, 2012: All reservations including those for private lessons with a requested
Back to Top