|Lesson Type||Lesson Time||Holiday Season||High Season||Regular Season||Lift Ticket Add-On|
|Adventure Club||10 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.||$360||$350||$310||$100|
Holiday Season Dates: 12/27 - 12/31/22, 2/16 - 2/24/23, 3/12 - 3/25/23
Lift ticket and rental equipment are not included in the price unless indicated in the product description.
For students under the age of 18, an Indemnity & Acknowledgement of Risks Agreement must be completed to participate. Save time by completing the form in advance.
Indemnity & Acknowledgement of Risks Agreement rich-text, responsive-table
22/23 Season Dates: November 29, 2022 - April 23, 2023, daily
Chairlift Hours: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For specific chairlift hours and status, please visit the Mountain Report page.
Skier & Summer Services
888-754-8477 | 435-645-6648
8 a.m. - 5 p.m., daily
Ability Zone: All Levels
Age: 7-15 years
Time: 10 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
Student-Instructor Ratio: 6:1
Meeting Place: More Details
1High Season Dates: 12/17 - 12/26/22, 1/1 - 1/4/23, 1/13 - 1/16/23, 3/26 - 4/9/23
2Holiday Season Dates: 12/27 - 12/31/22, 2/16 - 2/24/23, 3/12 - 3/25/23
3Lift ticket and rental equipment are not included. Both must be purchased separately, and rentals must be picked up from rental shop before lesson begins.
4Please refer to the Ski Ability Zone Chart to define your ability zone.
5Debit card, credit card or Deer Valley Gift Card payments are required to help expedite transactions.
6Cameras are in use for fraud detection. Lift ticket sharing, reselling or misuse may result in suspension of the ticket for the day(s) it is valid and the forfeiture of the ticket with no compensation. Reselling of a lift ticket is a Class B misdemeanor and violators will be prosecuted.
Policies & Procedures
Important Forms: Please Complete Prior to Lesson
Indemnity & Acknowledgement of Risks Agreement
Forms to Review Prior to Lesson
Parent's Guide Ski School Menu Children's Trail Map Daily Events Calendar
Ski Ability Zones
|First Timer (FT)||Never skied before or is unable to stop in a wedge on the easiest of green trails. |
Learning to stop in a wedge and turn in both directions for speed control.
|Beginner (BG)||Can control speed by linking turns and stopping in a wedge on green terrain. |
Learning to match skis and skid turns to explore green trails on the mountain.
|Advanced Beginner (AB)||Can link turns with mostly parallel skis to control speed. |
Can stop when desired on ALL green and easy blue trails.
Learning to comfortably make parallel turns on blue terrain.
|Intermediate (IN)||Can consistently make parallel turns to control speed on most blue terrain. |
Working on technique in a variety of snow conditions, varying turn size and shape.
Learning to carve on blue terrain.
|Advanced (AD)||Can carve parallel skis more than skidding. |
Can vary turn size and shape as desired to control speed on ALL blue and double blue terrain.
Exploring black terrain.
|Expert (EX)||Can perform dynamic skiing in almost all conditions/terrain with confidence. Exploring extremes.|
Ski Ability Zone Video
Meeting Places and Times
Fawn Special (3 years) | Program Time: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Morning Lesson Drop-off: 8:30 a.m.; but no later than 9 a.m. in Children’s Center Fawn Room
Afternoon Lesson Drop-off: Between 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.; but no later than 11 a.m. in Children’s Center Fawn Room
Pick-up: Children’s Center Fawn Room by 4:30 p.m.
Bambi Club (4 years) | Program Time: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Morning Lesson Drop-off: 8:30 a.m.; but no later than 9:15 a.m. in Children’s Center Bambi Room
Afternoon Lesson Drop-off: Between 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.; but no later than 11 a.m. in Children’s Center Bambi Room
Pick-up: Children’s Center Bambi Room by 4 p.m.
Reindeer Club (5 - 6 years) | Program Time: 10 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Drop-off: 9 - 9:45 a.m. in Children’s Center Reindeer Room
Pick-up: On snow in yellow fenced area at bottom of Wide West run at 3:45 p.m.
Early Drop-off (Optional): Begins at 8:30 a.m. in Children’s Center Reindeer Room; class leaves room at 10 a.m.
Adventure Club (7 - 12 years) | Program Time: 10 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Drop-off for First Timer & Beginner: Bottom of Wide West run between 9:45 - 10 a.m.
Drop-off for Advanced Beginner - Expert: Top of Wide West run between 9:45 - 10 a.m.
Pick-up: Bottom of Wide West run at 3:45 p.m.
Early Drop-off (Optional): 8:30 - 9:15 a.m. in Children’s Center Northside Room
Teen Escape (13 - 17 years) | Program Time: 10 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Drop-off: Wide West run outside Ski School Office at appropriate ability zone sign between 9:45 - 10 a.m.
Pick-up: Bottom of Wide West run at 3:45 p.m.
Please arrive on time, ready to ski, with lesson ticket, lift ticket and equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
We do experience unexpected snowstorms, but that only brings you more of the Greatest Snow On Earth®! All lessons for adults and children will take place on time regardless of the weather. Fees will apply to lessons canceled after the deadline.
Can I have my assistant or Travel Agent book my Skier Services reservations?
To ensure that Skier Services products are booked accurately and to provide complete information and security, we prefer to speak directly with our guests. However, if you would like to authorize your assistant to book your reservations and make changes for you, please let us know.
We will be visiting Deer Valley with other families. Can we make everyone's reservation in one file to make it easier?
Actually, that will make things more difficult for you. By having one file for each family with your own information and payments, we are able to keep a more accurate record of your activities. Our agents will be more than happy to set up a file for each individual family, secure with its own payment and liability information. Also, this ensures the privacy of the information in your file.
How do I know which group program to book for my child?
We have that covered! The highly-trained child development experts on our staff have gone to great lengths to put together programs that will instill the love of skiing as well as entertain children 3 - 17 years of age. Our children's lessons are structured to encourage young skiers and meet their needs both developmentally and physically. If you feel your child would do better in another environment, we encourage you to book private lessons. In your children's best interest, we may move them to the appropriate program based on their motor or communication skills or for safety reasons. Minimum age requirements are strictly observed for safety reasons.
What is included in a rental package?
A full rental package includes skis, boots and poles. If you will need a helmet, please ask our agent to reserve one for you at an additional cost. Our equipment is never used for more than a few seasons to ensure a high-quality rental package. In order to provide you with the most enjoyable experience, we recommend advance reservations for all Skier Services products.
What if children's group lessons or child care are not available for my dates?
If we are not able to confirm a group lesson or child care reservation, we have a wait list. We will place your children individually on the wait list for the appropriate program and specific date(s). We must have a complete guest file, including email address and credit card number. If your requested date becomes available, we will reserve the activity, process payment and notify you by email. This may happen any time up to two days prior to your requested date. If you do not receive an email, please check in at any of our seven Skier Services locations the day before or the day of and we will do our best to assist you. If you do receive an email and your plans have changed, you must comply with our cancellation policy in order to receive a full refund for the lessons booked.
Can I take a private lesson with my children?
Because adults and children learn at a different pace and through varying teaching techniques, it is better to not share the lesson time. We suggest that you take separate lessons or split the time.
Is it possible for family members or friends to be in the same group lesson?
We cannot guarantee any placement in group lessons. To ensure a quality lesson, we must form classes based on age and ability zone.
What if I have a lesson at 9 a.m. and my child's group lesson doesn't begin until 10 a.m.?
Our Children's Center offers complimentary early drop-off care between 8:30 and 9:15 a.m. for all children who are booked into group lessons. Ask our Skier Services Reservations Agents for details.
What will my child eat for lunch and snacks in group lessons or child care?
The Children's Center serves a variety of "kid-approved" options that are nutritious and tasty. If your child is unable to eat certain foods, please fill out a 'Special Needs' form so our staff can help monitor his/her food selections. You may also bring a lunch or snack for your child, but please be aware that our facilities are nut-free.
Can my child still meet his/her group class if they are late?
All activities begin promptly at their designated times. Please allow a minimum of 45 minutes to arrange for equipment rentals and arrival at your meeting location on time. Due to the size of the resort and the number of skiers enrolled in activities, we are not able to accommodate late arrivals. Refunds will not be issued.
Reservation & Cancellation Policies
- Lift tickets are required for every skier or lesson participant. Lift tickets are not included with any lessons or rentals. Check your program details for more information
- Rental equipment is not included with any lesson
- All group lesson products are priced per person
- All lessons, child care, rentals or other Skier Services products must be reserved in advance to ensure availability at any time during the ski season. Products may reach capacity at any time
- Minimum and accurate age requirements are strictly observed for each child’s safety. We reserve the right to move children to the appropriate ability zone and program based on their skill level or if it is determined that the child’s date of birth has been incorrectly stated
- Children placed in a program because their birth date is incorrectly stated are not guaranteed a place in the program. Parents will be called to pick up their children and cancellation fees will apply
- We cannot guarantee placement in group lessons with friends or relatives. To ensure a quality experience, we must form classes based on age and ability zone
- We are not able to honor requests for specific instructors in a group lesson
- All activities begin promptly at their designated times. Please allow 45 to 60 minutes to collect your rental equipment and arrive at your meeting location. During peak periods, this process may take longer. Refunds will not be issued for late arrivals
- All Group and Specialty Lessons meet at Snow Park Lodge
- To make a reservation on behalf of a guest please fill out the Skier Services Policies Agreement
- Please make sure your child has a valid credit card, Deer Valley Gift Card or contactless payment as cash is not accepted. Click here to view where gift cards are accepted.
- A paid reservation and valid credit card on file are required to guarantee any Skier Services product
- The full amount for Skier Services products is charged to the credit card provided at the time of booking
- To ensure the accuracy of your reservations and for security purposes, we prefer to speak directly with our guests. However, you may authorize another person to book and make changes to your reservations. Compliance with all policies will apply
- Each family must have their own file and children must be booked under their parent or guardian’s name in order to ensure accuracy, security and privacy for our guests
- All transactions at Deer Valley will now be cashless in order to expedite transaction times and enhance the guest experience. Deer Valley has implemented contactless payment options at key point of sale locations, allowing us to operate more efficiently and securely. Guests are encouraged to “tap-and-go” with their credit card or mobile payment device at checkout or use our mobile ordering options for food and beverage purchases. Deer Valley gift cards are accepted at most resort owned and operated outlets. Please check here for the complete list of outlets that are able to accept gift cards
- If you need to cancel or change a reservation, you must call or speak directly with a Skier Services agent before 5 p.m. two (2) days prior to each booked date in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations or changes made one day prior to the first day will receive a partial refund
- The following fees, per product, per person, per day, will be deducted prior to issuing a refund:
Private Lesson: $150 - $175
All Group Lessons: $100
Ski Rentals: $20
Child Care: $45
- There are no refunds for day-of cancellations or no-shows. Please call our Skier Services Contact Center at 888-754-8477 or 435-645-6648. For our current hours of operations, please refer to the Deer Valley website. If you are at the resort, stop by one of our Sales locations. Hours and locations are listed below
Ski School Office: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Snow Park Rental Shop: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Children's Center: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Silver Lake Rental Shop: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Skier Services Contact Center: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The St. Regis Deer Valley: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Montage Deer Valley: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Weather and snow conditions are not viable reasons for cancellation. Appropriate fees will apply to lessons cancelled after the deadline
- Skier Services products are non-transferable to another family member, friend or a different day